Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So humbled and grateful: Our 9-week ultrasound went wonderfully

I am in complete awe of God's mercy. When I woke up this morning, in my wildest imagination, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have a good 9-week u/s.

By 11:00, I was watching my own precious baby on the ultrasound monitor, with the most beautiful, strong heartbeat. :happytears:

The baby was measuring 8w4d +/- 3 days, which concerned me at first, but the doctor said it's absolutely within the range of where it should be (by LMP, I'm 8w6d today). The heartbeat was 167, so I guess (if the heartbeat increases by 3 bpm per day) by the 9-week point tomorrow it will be around 170... I thought that seemed low for 9 weeks, but again, the doctor said it was fantastic.

I can't believe this. After nine years of trying to conceive, six miscarriages, ten billion tears, an iffy start with low initial betas, minimal symptoms including no morning sickness... I have a living, growing baby inside me. :wub:

Words can't express how thankful I am. This morning, determined to thank God for His blessings even if things went badly, I had made the drive to the clinic singing praise songs at the top of my lungs to my favorite Third Day CD's. On the way home, I was shaking and crying and every time I tried to sing a praise song, I got completely choked up. :happytears: I'm thankful God knows my heart and doesn't rely on my voice to know how grateful I am!!

I've been floating on a cloud all day and couldn't even find words to write this post, but I just had to shout from the rooftops what a great God we serve!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment